SOLID GROUND was founded in 1978 and exists as a Christian, faith-based ministry. As a ministry for the cause of Christ Jesus, Solid Ground uses the inspired Word of God as presented in the Christian Scriptures as its sole guide. This ministry acknowledges all who recognize Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God and who have accepted Him as their personal Savior, as our Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. Our supreme desire is to know Christ, to be conformed into His image and to fulfill the mandates of our calling. This calling is clearly spelled out in Matthew 28:19-20 as follows:
1. Evangelism “ …go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and”
2. Education “ …teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
3. Exhortation – Calling all believers to obedience and living a life worthy of the Gospel.
At Solid Ground we are dedicated to fulfilling the mandates of this calling by offering Biblical Guidance through small group ministry, conferences and training seminars, as well as discipleship and care. Some specific ministry areas are:
- International Mission Work and Mission Support
- BSG (Bible-study groups)
- Marriage Mentoring Programs
- Seminars and Weekend Retreats
- Books for both Children and Adults
- Short-term Biblical Guidance for Individuals, for Marriages and for Families
Solid Ground is not connected to any denominational church. We are also not opposed to any denomination(s). In fact, we are honoring of denominations in their structure and consistency of Biblical stands that they hold. We are opposed to the over emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to divisions in the Body of Christ. Our only guide is the Word of God which, where it speaks clearly we follow its exact dictates and do not tolerate doctrinal error. When the Bible speaks generally we see the wisdom in diversity. When doctrinal error does occur we must respond to and correct the error whenever possible but, always in the spirit of meekness and love.